This WalthersMainline EMD SD50 is perfect for heavy freight service on your HO Scale railroad. As demand for higher-horsepower units and better fuel economy continued to grow in the late 1970s, EMD began testing a new six-axle model in 1979, which entered production as the SD50 in 1981. Like the prototype, this locomotive is a great addition to your railroad's fleet of heavy diesel road units. The WalthersMainline SD50 has the features you want to make it a star performer on your layout!
- One time run of these road numbers, order now - limited quantity available!
- Prototypes in main line, regional and lease-fleet service from 1984 to the present
- Updated power trucks with HT-C sideframes
- Open grating on steps
- Phase Two body shell with molded drill starter points for grab irons in EMD SD50-60 Diesel Detail Kit (910-256) sold separately
- Correct size RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
Equipped with ESU sound and DCC for use on DCC and DC layouts featuring:
- 4 Function outputs with brightness control by CV
- Fully DCC compatible
- 14, 28, 128 speed steps
- Dual-mode DC-DCC
- 4 Air horns changeable by CVs
- 2 Bells changeable by CVs
Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
- 5-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional LED headlights
PLEASE NOTE: When operating Walthers-branded DCC-equipped locomotives in DC mode, do not use power packs that exceed an 18V rating. This includes MRC 1300-series power packs which have known issues with our decoders.